Clean Athletes | Clean Clothes
It took us a clean 42.54 seconds to win a Silver Medal at the Olympic Games in Beijing 2008.
That Silver medal turned into Gold, when the winning team was disqualified due to a failed drug test.
While it is abundantly clear that dirty athletes have no place in sports, we are less outspoken when it comes to the clothes we wear while performing.
That is what we would like to change. Clean athletes should also wear clean clothes!
From the very beginning 42I54 has always put sustainability at the top of their agenda.
The environmental and sometimes social challenges are divers and complex, but the founders make a conscious effort to be an honest and transparent brand, by largely working with local manufacturers and suppliers.
Be part of the change you want like to see. Great design should also be created in safe circumstances and sustainable!
- 42I54 launched its first 100% sustainable capsule collection for FW19. The brand teamed up with renowned textile companies who are specialized in fabrics made from a fiber called SEAQUAL and NEWLIFE. Recycled from ocean plastics, it is a positive product of men’s negative intervention with the sea.
- No to overconsumption. 42I54 has since FW19 taken the firm decision to quit the track of fast fashion by producing two reasonable collections, instead of four. We now offer a variation of bestsellers and exciting newness.
- We are now packaging all purchases in a reusable RePack packaging. Discover how it works here.
A continuous growth and development towards a 100% brand with the use sustainable fabrics and accessories
- Recycled fabrics developed with fibres created with ocean waste and plastic bottles.
- Organic yarns working with GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standards) certified factories.
- Hangtags produced with recycled paper.
There is still a lot of work to be done, but today 42I54 creates collections using recycled materials.
- In addition to using sustainable fabrics, 42I54 gives a second life to stock and leftover fabrics from previous productions and collections.
- Biodegradable packaging.
Being a 100% sustainable company in the way we work, produce and live.