At the Olympic Games in Beijing 2008, it took us a clean 42.54 seconds to win a Silver Medal. That Silver medal turned into Gold, when the winning team was disqualified due to a failed drug test. While it is abundantly clear that dirty athletes have no place in sports, we are less outspoken when it comes to the clothes we wear while performing. Clean athletes should also wear clean clothes!
- Our clothes are made in an honest environment in factories based in Portugal and Tunisia.
- These factories also ensure that their workplace is free of child labor and forced labor, their workers are surrounded in a safe working place, paid a living wage and of course they are treated with respect at all times
- All the factories we work with respond to the following certificates.
- REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and restriction of Chemicals)
- GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard)
- ISO 9001 (Standard of quality management)
CLEAN FABRICS & ACCESSORIES
- we handpick every single fabric based on its environmental footprint and lifetime durability.
- Our clothes are made from recycled, natural, renewable, organic, biodegradable and European fabrics.
- Did you know that some of our leggings are made from recycled ocean waste?
- Did you know that one 42|54 tech tee contains 11 plastic bottles of 1 liter?
- Most of our accessories are made from recycled materials and in Europe.
- Did you know that 1 YKK zipper of 60cm contains 10g of a 500ml plastic bottle?
- All our shipments are delivered in reusable packaging, thanks to REPACK.
- We protect our clothes in biodegradable packaging.
- We design our clothes to stand the test of time.
- All our hangtags are produced with recycled paper.
- We continue to look for new alternatives and all suggestions are welcome.
“We believe in a fashion industry that values people, the environment and creativity in equal measure.”
MORE ABOUT OUR CLEAN PARTNERS
SEAQUAL is 100% recycled polyester filament, manufactured in Spain from recycled ocean plastics. The program is dedicated to upcycling marine plastic into a wide range of high-quality yarns and fiber and in doing so to challenge marine pollution.
Did you know that 1 kg of Seaqual fiber = 1 kg of waste removed from the oceans?
Nylon waste from landfills and oceans around the world is transformed into ECONYL® regenerated nylon. It's exactly the same as brand new nylon and can be recycled, recreated and remolded again and again. This means you can create new products and buy new products without having to use new resources.
Did you know for every 10,000 ton of ECONYL raw material we are able to save 70 000 barrels of crude oil and avoid 57 100 ton of CO2 eq. emissions.
LENZING ECOVERO is the new standard in eco-responsible viscose. Derived from certified renewable wood sources using an eco-responsible production process by meeting high environmental standards, LENZING ECOVERO fiber tailor to a sustainable lifestyle, contributing to a cleaner environment.
YKK always tries to contribute to the environmentally- friendly society by working with the products NATULON®, made from chemically recycled polyester and perpetually recyclable.
Repack offer a reusable and returnable delivery packaging. It is a simple solution to an ever-growing problem of packaging trash by reducing trash and CO2 emissions.